Supply Chain Manager, Oulu
Supply Chain Manager, Oulu
Do you have strong knowledge of supply chain management and international business? Would you like to challenge yourself and work in a fast-paced environment? If you are eager to take the next step on your career – come and join us!
We are now looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our Global Operations unit and the SCM team in Oulu. The purpose of the SCM team is to optimize costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products. In this role, you will be reporting to our COO and your closest colleagues are working in purchases and warehouse department. The employment is full-time and permanent with a flexible starting date.
What will we offer you?
- An interesting and challenging role as a Supply Chain Manager where you can truly influence to our work and help us to succeed even more in the future!
- Great opportunity to work in collaboration between internal and external teams globally and to be surrounded by committed professionals from different fields of our business.
- A work community that truly cares about you and supports you in your new role!
- A chance to work with versatile tasks and familiarize with new materials and technologies.
- We support your professional development through other potential career opportunities inside of the company.
- Remote work possibilities and flextime.
- Competitive salary, a modern working environment and competitive employee benefits.
Greetings from your future supervisor
“There are lots of reasons why I love to work here at Orbis Systems. There are a bit over 100 of us so we are enough small company to really know each other but still big enough to have the power of the community of different kind of professionals. At Orbis Systems people are being heard, we work very agile and we get to work with our customers and across the unit boundaries. I believe Orbis Systems is a great place where you get to work with the latest technology and everyone here wants to be pioneers in our industry. Lot of material transactions are related to our operations, and that’s why we are looking now a Supply Chain Manager to develop our processes even better. You are warmly welcome to join and work with us!”
COO Tuomo Tolonen, Orbis Systems Oy
What your days and main responsibilities consist of in this position?
- You are an essential part of building a world-class global supply chain in a fast-growing company. Your key focus will be on planning, implementing and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy and support other functions/ to achieve the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- In this position you will interact with different stakeholders daily – you will develop and maintain good relationships with our suppliers and distributors. Sourcing new suppliers is also an important part of your work.
- You will create, follow and analyze supply chain management performance indicators especially relating our suppliers.
- We are a low hierarchy organization and you might get involved in different projects and ad hoc tasks over the unit limits. Your daily tasks may vary depending on the situation, but you are ready to start the work and even sometimes get your hands dirty.
- Your working language is English, and our international atmosphere will be strongly present in your daily work. Your home site will be our site in Oulu, but the work requires also willingness to occasionally travel to our other sites abroad. Our site in Oulu includes sales, financial management, product development and production. Our other sites abroad are located in China, India and USA.
Who are we looking for?
- The person we are looking for has years of experience from working in electronics industry in a supply chain management related position. As an employee you are used to working independently but you also have great co-operation and communication skills. You have a customer-oriented mindset and understanding of business processes.
- We consider it as a strong advantage if you have previous experience and understanding of key performance indicators of supply chain management. Your previous work experience will help you to create improvement plans based on supply chain management metrics, and also capability to execute those plans.
- According to the international nature of the position, we expect you to be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken. It is also mandatory to have excellent negotiation skills and leadership capabilities.
- Our personnel’s great performance shows high motivation for development and productivity and we hope that you share the same mindset!
Would you like to get more information about the position?
For further information about the position, team or Orbis Systems as a company, please contact your future supervisor COO Tuomo Tolonen by email or by phone on following times:
Wednesday 3rd of June at 13 – 15
Thursday 4th of June at 9 – 11
COO, Orbis Systems Oy
+ 358 40 7622 625
How to apply
Would you like to work at Orbis Systems and help us to improve our supply chain management to be better every day?
- Apply for the position by Sunday 14th of June 2020. We are screening the applications already during the application period and may proceed quickly with the right person, so please leave your application as soon as possible.
- In your application we would like to hear about your expertise and what motivates you to work in this position with us. Please include your initial salary request to your application and tell us an estimate date when you could start working with us.
We are excited to meet our new colleague, so we hope to hear from you soon!
Apply between 18 May 2020 and 14 June 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, permanent