Sourcing Engineer, Oulu
Sourcing Engineer, Oulu
Do you have a strong knowledge of supply chain optimization and international business? Would you like to challenge yourself and work in a fast-paced environment? Come and join us!
We are now looking for an experienced Sourcing Engineer to join our Global Operations Supply Chain Management team. Your location will be Oulu, Finland. The purpose of the SCM team is to optimize costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products. In this role, you will be reporting to our SCM leader and your closest colleagues are working in procurement and logistics department. The employment is full-time and permanent with a flexible starting date.
What will we offer you?
- An interesting and challenging role as a Sourcing Engineer where you can truly influence to our continuous supply chain optimization and support us to succeed even better in the future.
- A great opportunity to follow the development of 5G technology and business in a global company. We support your professional development through interesting career opportunities inside the company.
- You get to work in collaboration between internal and external teams globally and to be surrounded by committed professionals from different fields of our business. You have a chance to work with versatile tasks and familiarize with new materials and technologies.
- Remote work possibilities and flextime, competitive salary, a modern working environment and competitive employee benefits.
- A work community that truly cares about you and supports you in your new role!
Greetings from your future supervisor
“We are passionate to continuously develop our global supply chain capabilities with key suppliers, partners and customers. With your professionalism, high level of accountability and positive mindset you will be playing a key role in our team in building our future agile, predictive, cost efficient and reliable supply chain.
At Orbis Systems people are being heard and we are working in very agile way. Our people have continuous opportunities to work with our customers across the unit boundaries. I believe Orbis Systems is a great place where you get to work with the latest technology and everyone here wants to be pioneers in our industry.
You are warmly welcome to join and work with us!”
Juho Siipola, SCM, Orbis Systems Oy
What your days and main responsibilities consist of in this position?
- As a Sourcing Engineer you will be accountable for continuous supply chain cost optimization. You will create, follow and analyze supply chain management performance indicators especially relating our suppliers.
- In this position you will interact with different stakeholders daily – you will develop and maintain good collaboration with our suppliers and other key stakeholders. Sourcing new suppliers is also an important part of your work.
- You will heavily contribute on Supply Chain strategy planning and execution. Developing and maintaining our supply chain data correctness in ERP and other IT systems is also part of your job. In addition, you will contribute on selected operational procurement tasks and assignments.
- We are a low hierarchy organization and you might get involved in different projects and ad hoc tasks over the unit limits. Your daily tasks may vary depending on the situation, but you are ready to start the work and even sometimes get your hands dirty.
- Your working language is mainly English and our international atmosphere will be strongly present in your daily work. Your home site will be our site in Oulu, but the work requires also willingness to occasionally travel domestically and abroad. Our site in Oulu includes sales, supply chain management, product development and production. Our other sites abroad are located in China, India and USA.
Who are we looking for?
- The person we are looking for has several years of experience from working in electronics industry in a sourcing engineering related position. You have previous experience and understanding of sourcing and procurement related tasks and processes.
- Your knowledge or previous experience of electronics industry, functional test systems and related materials and technologies will help you to succeed in this position. Comprehensive technology related competences and experience is considered as a major benefit.
- As an employee you are used to working independently but you also have great co-operation and communication skills. You have a customer-oriented mindset and understanding of business processes.
- We expect you to have excellent communication and negotiation skills in English and Finnish (both written and spoken).
- Our personnel’s great performance shows high motivation and positive mindset for continuous improvement, we hope that you share the same mindset!
Would you like to get more information about the position?
For further information about the position, team or Orbis Systems as a company, please contact your future supervisor Juho Siipola by email or by phone on the following time: Friday 2nd October 2020 (8 am – 4 pm EET).
SCM, Orbis Systems Oy
+ 358 40 504 22 72
How to apply
Would you like to help us to optimize our supply chain even further?
- Please leave your application in Finnish or English to our recruitment system by clicking Apply for this position. Our recruitment system is our primary channel when recruiting new co-workers, so please do not email the application.
- Apply for the position by Sunday 11th of October 2020. We are screening the applications already during the application period and may proceed quickly with the right person, so please leave your application as soon as possible
- In your application we would like to hear about your expertise and what motivates you to work in this position with us. Please include your initial salary request to your application and tell us an estimate date when you could start working with us.
We are excited to meet our new colleague, so we hope to hear from you soon!
Apply between 14 September 2020 and 11 October 2020 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, permanent